You know what's tough to love about crawfish? Too much work for too little reward. Throw me a bag of shrimp, and I'll endure the peeling contest, but forget trying to talk me into a bag of boiled, kickin' crawfish. At least with other DIY cooking methods like shabu shabu, my hands don't get dirty.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
So when this new Cajun-Asian joint in Garden Grove began offering a crawfish macaroni and cheese option, I was ALL over it. Someone did the hard part already, and all I had to do was appreciate their handiwork? Done! This culinary version of my homemade tuna mac was as cheesy as can be. Served in a cast iron skillet, every forkful contained sizable chunks of seafood. Washing it down with beer in the middle of their bustling dining room made it better. So keep struggling with peeling duty, I'll be macking on my pasta.
The Wharf is located at 12941 Main St, Garden Grove, (714) 530-1388; www.thewharfoc.com.
71. Malasadas from Dough Doughs Hawaiian Cafe
72. Salsas from Salsa Bandolera
73. Chorizo Breakfast Bagel at Spigas Bakery and Cafe
74. Whole Chicken Combo at Falafelo
75. Toothpick Lamb at Sichuan Impression
76. Hainan Chicken Rice at Baos Hog
77. Fruit- and Ice Cream-Topped Waffles at Crave
78. Garlic Shrimp Poke at Costco
79. Chimichurri Fries at Piaggo on Wheels
80. Torta Cubana at Cancun Juice
81. Adobo Bowl at Irenia
82. Garlic Noodles at Krave Asian Fusion
83. Broccolini at SeaSalt WoodFire Grill
84. Spicy Tuna Roll at Yard House
85. Amber Roll at Orange Roll and Sushi
86. Frito Chili Cheeseburger at Burger Parlor
87. Maui Sunrise at The Original Banzai Bowls
88. Meals from The Performance Kitchen
89. Pizza-Sized Quesadilla at Los Sanchez
90. Filipino Brunch at EATS Kitchen And Bar
91. Mexican Chocolate at the Pie Hole
92. Biscuits at James Republic
93. Mushroom Flatbread with Kale and Kumquat Salad at Lemonade
94. Mexican-Style Gelatins from Santa Ana's Gelatina Goddess
95. Hot Pastrami Caesar Salad at Bruxie
96. Jalapeño Pupusas at Las Cazuelas
97. Meatball Sliders at Fresh Brothers
98. Buffalo Cauliflower at Mead's Green Door Cafe
99. Raindrop Cake at Sunmerry Bakery
100. Doughrito at Surfin' Donuts