89. Pizza-Sized Quesadilla at Los Sanchez
A giant quesadilla in a pizza box? Yes, please
Behold the beginning of our 100 Favorite Dishes of 2016 listicle! Every day through the publication of our Best Of 2016 issue (and sometimes, twice a day), we'll be bringing you our favorite dishes across Orange County, leading up to the best in the land. Enjoy!
Los Sanchez has delighted Garden Grove for over 37 years, and even a relocation a couple of years ago didn't damper the crowds. Always filled to capacity after Sunday mass, it's a family affair with portions to match and their quesadillas do the job.
Order the "Whole-Sized" meat quesadilla to go, even if you plan on eating inside, and they bring out the above beast. Los Sanchez stuffs in Monterrey Jack and even larger amounts of meat (60-40 meat-to-cheese ratio) into a properly toasted 12-inch flour tortilla, which they get from a local tortillería. Go with the carne asada, which is the beneficiary of a flattop seasoned so well, that you get decades of luscious, smoky meat grease imbued into each bit of beef.
Don't forget a generous side of either of their salsas, with the salsa roja better: addictive, with a pungent oregano dose. And to top it all off, Los Sanchez jokingly serves the whole quesadilla in a pizza box. Now, go enjoy your delicious moments!
Los Sanchez, 11906 Garden Grove Blvd, Garden Grove, (714)590-9300, Whole meat $9.99, whole cheese $6.25, LosSanchez.com.
90. Filipino Brunch at EATS Kitchen And Bar
91. Mexican Chocolate at the Pie Hole
92. Biscuits at James Republic
93. Mushroom Flatbread with Kale and Kumquat Salad at Lemonade
94. Mexican-Style Gelatins from Santa Ana's Gelatina Goddess
95. Hot Pastrami Caesar Salad at Bruxie
96. Jalapeño Pupusas at Las Cazuelas
97. Meatball Sliders at Fresh Brothers
98. Buffalo Cauliflower at Mead's Green Door Cafe
99. Raindrop Cake at Sunmerry Bakery
100. Doughrito at Surfin' Donuts
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Orange County dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.