Go behind the scenes of our Summer Guide 2011 (click here to read it in its entirety!) cover shoot with photographer Star Foreman.
After the jump: Models! Bikinis! Balboa!
(Hair/makeup: Autumn Sanders; Styling: Devon Nuzer/Sunshine Harding; Models: Haley Bartlett, Thor Knai, Samantha Summers)
- Haley Buckner-Zazueta is Combining the Makeup and Tattoo Worlds Through Microblading With the booms of popularity in both tattooing and professional makeup artists, it’s no surprise that microblading — the technique in which eyebrows are essentially tattooed on (or at least enhanced) by hand — has also seen a serious increase lately. But while many who specialize in the semi-permanent style have either professional […]
- Summer Guide 2007 "So, I see here that Summer Guide is coming up," I said to the assembled staff at one of my earlier meetings as the Weekly's editor. "You're all smart, creative people, brimming with scintillating ideas. Tell me, what should we do for the cover?" People looked around at one another. "Uh, well," one veteran staffer began with […]
- News for Nerds art by Bob AulToday—when you can discover in mere seconds how many episodes of Baywatch Sven-Ole Thorsen has appeared on and the sperm count in that stain on Monica Lewinsky's dress—the problem isn't finding enough information; it's finding the good stuff among the dross. Folks often bitch about the sheer mass of […]
- Should We Talk About the Weather I hate REM as much as the next girl—Michael Stipe's nasality, after all, blazed the trail for the devastating whine of the fat dude from Counting Crows. But Stipe did offer us two immortal questions: Should we talk about the weather? And should we talk about the government? Okay! We'll start with the far more interesting […]
- TheLiberalOC: Allan Bartlett, Ron Paul Fan, Will Get Irvine Finance Commission Appointment Veteran Orange County Republican activist Allan Bartlett, an outspoken critic of Larry Agran's lefty, tainted political machine in Irvine, will be appointed to the city's finance commission, according to a report today by TheLiberalOC.com.Bartlett, a huge Ron Paul fan, has made no secret that he's been suspicious of […]
- Did Rep. John Campbell Get Schooled by Irvine Republican Activist Allan Bartlett? In the aftermath of Monday night's news that John Campbell failed to win the endorsement of the local GOP Central Committee, allies of the veteran Orange County Republican congressman immediately launched efforts to find a positive public spin on the disaster. For example, Scott Baugh, boss of the Republican Party of Orange County, […]