Three months and many chants and honks later, Ron Thomas is calling for an end–or at least a hiatus–to the Saturday morning protests in front of the Fullerton Police Department.
independent investigation into Thomas' beating and the department in
general, releases a report, Thomas says, the police have their hands
Acting Police Chief Kevin Hamilton can't make decisions regarding the status of the other four officers until he gets that report, Thomas says. “We can bug them, but if they can't do anything, they can't do anything.”
“We can still do candlelight vigils and other things, but we've got to have a reason,” Thomas said, adding that people can check the Kelly Thomas Memorial Fund website for future events.
- Our complete Kelly Thomas archives
- Ron Thomas Calls On 'Kelly's Army' to Stop Protesting in Front of Fullerton Police Department
- Officers Charged In Kelly Thomas Case Won't Be Paid
with Cops Pitch In For Ramos' Bail:] Officer Manuel Ramos Released From
Orange County Jail On $1M Bail Early This Morning
- Judge Denies Officer Manuel Ramos' Request For Lower Bail; John Barnett, Ramos' Attorney, Calls Kelly Thomas 'Violent Felon'
- Murder Charge, Counts Against 2 Cops in Kelly Thomas Beating Case
- Kelly Thomas Killing Prompts DA Tony Rackauckas' Finest Moment
- An Inside Look At Ron Thomas' Day At The District Attorney's Office and the Arraignment of The Two Fullerton Policemen Charged
- Kenton Hampton, Who A Witness Says Punched And Kneed Kelly Thomas In The Head, Is Allegedly Tied To A Third Act Of Violence
- Fullerton Police Cites People for Honking at Protest
Thomas Died Of Blunt Force Trauma To The Head, Says Attorney Garo
Mardirossian, At Press Conference; Medical Records Released
- Ron Thomas Hopes Fullerton Police Officers Who Killed His Son Are So Scared of Threats That “They Have Diarrhea Every Day”
- Sources: Slidebar Kitchen Placed Call Resulting in Kelly Thomas' Death
- State Funds Classes To Teach Law Enforcement How To Interact With Mentally Ill, Majority Of Officials In OC Haven't Taken It