When 15 accomplished chefs are given carte blanche to serve swine, you know it's time to make a reservation. Chef Amar Santana of Broadway and Bobby Navarro of 100eats100days.com fully intend to make your visit memorable, all while raising funds for culinary scholarships. The inaugural PigOut 1.0 is scheduled for Sunday, August 5 at Newport Dunes.
Since no social event would be complete without cocktails, Gabrielle Dion (also with Broadway) will be coordinating crafty refreshment alongside a few of our preferred barkeeps hailing from 320 Main, SideDoor and Two 40 South. Food. Beverage. Sunshine. Wonder if they'll have a convenience booth of SPF, bottled water and antacid?
Your culinary lineup for the afternoon will include:
- Ryan Adams of Three Seventy Common Food + Drink
- Franco Barone of Il Barone
- Greg Daniels of Haven Gastropub and Taco Asylum
- Yvon Goetz of The Winery Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Aron Habiger of The Crosby
- Kevin Jerrold-Jones of Tabu Grill
- Seakyong Kim of Charlie Palmer at Bloomingdale's
- Mark McDonald of Old Vine Cafe
- Eva Madray of Eva's Caribbean Kitchen
- Justin Miller of Pizzeria Ortica
- Dee Nguyen of Break of Dawn
- Casey Overton of The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach
- Alessandro Pirozzi of Alessa
- Debroah Schneider of Sol Cocina
- and Amar Santana of Broadway by Amar Santana
Something tells us if you start smack talking about the list, you'll be getting the proverbial stink eye from some Forkers. In that case, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and support a future chef?
For more information or to purchase tickets, go to www.100eats100days.com.