The theme to this year's OC Fair? “Let's Eat!” Check out this slideshow of all the best eats of the 2011 OC Fair–giant ice cream cones, barbecue, chocolate-dipped everything, fried Oreos. . . and even sushi. Click here to see more images.
- Is the Smoked Turkey's Leg at the OC Fair as Delicious as That Damn Texan Voice Tells You it Is? Ah, enter the OC Fair. It's a grand old time when a psycho 9-year-old spills his double scoop ice cream on your leg and your pupils dilate because there's so much visual stimulation and you have no idea what to turn your attention to and you snake your way through the ginormous parking lot, the wacko rides, and the scorching […]
- Scoops N Scoops Creamery Opens in Irvine Scoops N Scoops Creamery, a liquid nitrogen ice cream shop, has opened in Irvine. They seem to be in soft opening modes since last Friday, and though it appears that they are indeed making ice cream just like Creamistry does, using mixers and liquid nitrogen, they are also offering the ice cream stuffed between cookies, and macarons, […]
- The Six Most Disgusting Foods Offered at This Year's OC Fair Fair season is over, at least here in the County of Oranges. We set out to try the most gruesome foods from the darkest depths of the deep fryer. For the reading pleasure of those who survived the Fair, here's our casualty report in the food department: a nonexistent appetite for half a week; an increase in body mass and decrease […]
- 5 Filipino Foods to Buy Now That Seafood City Is Open Let's take a walk through Seafood City. Enter the shiny new Filipino super market. To your left is a sculpture of a red bee (Jollibee's mascot, of course) and, within two steps of that, you're hit by the scent of Grill City's barbecue pork. Though pungent, the smell evaporates when you arrive to the main space: the […]
- On the Line: “Chicken” Charlie Boghosian, Part One Mid-July can only mean one thing: Fair season! And what better way to kick things off than with the gregarious ways of Charlie Boghosian (a.k.a Chicken Charlie). While you may know him best for deep fried deliciousness, I'm gonna level with you. Some of his tastiest items aren't even fried. The chicken kebobs and hummus plate […]
- Ice Cream Cone-ing: Even Dumber Than Planking The internet is weird. Hot on the heels of the planking trend comes cone-ing. And if you thought planking was bad, wait 'til you see this video after the jump. Ladies and gents, the definition of ice cream cone-ing according to the official Cone-ing website (yes, one exists): "Putting it simply, it is grabbing a soft serve upside […]