Fans and customers alike leave their condolences for Steve Jobs at the South Coast Plaza Apple store location. The store also held a “lights out” by turning off the Apple sign in front of the store in Jobs' honor last night.
- A Deal From Factory Records! A deal! Factory Records in Costa Mesa has a promo: just go to their Facebook photo page and print a coupon to save money on some vinyl. ] Kind of sad that we missed Star Wars day. If you came in to the store on May 4, you just had to say "May the 4th be with you" and you'd get 20 percent off any one item in the store. Hah!
- New War, Old Protest Photo by OCW staffAgainst my own better advice, I've attended a couple of the anti-war protests that take place every Friday evening across from South Coast Plaza at Bristol and Anton in Costa Mesa. They are a nice, earnest bunch of folks there, holding their candles and signs in the gathering dark. The number of attendees at […]
- Brea Brea's official nickname is "Tree City USA"—ironic, considering how much of this town of 36,000 has been shopping-malled over. But perhaps more than any other Orange County city today—even Costa Mesa, which would have a good excuse—mall culture has come to define Brea. It needed something; this once-sleepy oil town, incorporated in […]
- Witness Questions Response to Shoplifter's Death Outside South Coast Plaza Saks Fifth Avenue Costa Mesa police say a shoplifting suspect suffered some kind of medical condition while being detained outside Saks Fifth Avenue by South Coast Plaza security on May 18 and was later pronounced died at a local hospital. That's not quite how at least one witness saw it. ] Here's the official version of what happened […]
- South Coast Plaza Sued by Animal Activists The Animal Protection and Rescue League (APRL) contends in a lawsuit that tony South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa violates constitutionally protected free speech.The San Diego nonprofit's suit filed in Orange County Superior Court accuses California's largest mall of violating the First Amendment by restricting the size of protest […]
- Brothers Brian, Uriel and Eric Perez Held for South Coast Plaza “Grab and Run” Thefts Three brothers were sitting in jail Wednesday after Costa Mesa Police investigators fingered them for a string of "grab-and-run" thefts of clothing from South Coast Plaza stores.The Perez brothers are accused of multiple burglaries from the tony shopping destination since December, and police believe they may have had help. ] […]