When our Dean of Bread, OC Baking Company's Dean Kim, published photos of a super-sized hunk of bread last month, we wondered what kind of client would make such a request. Now we know.
The video after the jump!
- The Most Beautiful Grilled Cheese I've Ever Seen Only Has Three Ingredients Grilled cheese sandwiches are one of those foods that have gotten a little lost in how fancy they can be. Sure, you can slap some short ribs or shellfish between two slices of bread with some cheese, but do you really need to? Does it make it better? Or does it just make your sandwich fancier? The best grilled cheese I've ever seen […]
- When You Put Radiation into Foxes, They Learn How to Make Sandwiches Just because I don't like sandwiches doesn't mean other people (or animals) can't. Apparently sandwiches even have their own true spot in nature, as evidenced by this video of a fox in Ukraine staking pieces of meat and bread like a sandwich to save for later. The fox, which lives in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, ran into a […]
- Lee's Sandwiches Recalls a Bunch of Meat Because It Wasn't Inspected Correctly How much faith do you have in your stomach? I hope it's a lot, because Lee's Sandwiches is recalling over 200,000 pounds of meat because it wasn't inspected correctly by the USDA. ] Included in the recall are sliced sandwich meats, pâtés, jerky, stuff that were sourced from USDA-inspected factories but were […]
- From the Maker of Oscar-Nominated Fresh Guacamole, We Now Have Submarine Sandwich PES, the animator behind some of the Internet's best food-themed videos is used to a little bit of attention. In 2012, his short film Fresh Guacamole was nominated for an Oscar, and his videos have racked up millions of views on the YouTubes. Now, he's back with another videos, this time focused on the submarine sandwich. Like […]
- Lay's Resurrecting Sriracha, Chicken-and-Waffle, and Cheesy Garlic Bread Flavors Remember the "Do Us A Flavor" contest that saw Cheesy Garlic Bread triumph over the two other finalists Sriracha and Chicken-and-Waffle? A woman won a million dollars for her Cheesy Garlic Bread idea, and when she did, the other two flavors were supposed to have gone away leaving her flavor to do a solo victory lap. ] […]
- This Is What Happens When You Serve McDonald's At a Fancy Food Convention My love of fast food is pretty public. What's not to like? It's tasty, it's cheap, I don't have to get out of my car or interact with people (let's just ignore how much I feel like I have to nap afterwards, and the accelerated dying). The guys in this video agree, so much that they decided to chop up some […]