No, seriously: There are people out there who are too lazy to wrap bacon around hot dogs themselves? Answer: Apparently. Spotted at Superior Grocers City of Industry location.
- Everyone Can Have 'Chink Eyes' At This Chinese Restaurant in Dubai The category for this blog post says it all: Really?!?!? As spotted by Copyranter and posted by Gawker, these are real ads for Chinese Times restaurant in Dubai. The tagline: "Brings out the Chinese in anyone." ] ..........Really?!?!? But look, if you squint reeeeeeally hard, you can see that ... yeah, it's still racist. […]
- Ken N Mary Morrone's Hot Dog Stand at REI in Santa Ana Amid the sad news that owners of L.A.'s hot dog carts were being hauled off to jail for wrapping bacon around their wieners (that sounded wrong. . .), eating food from a street vendor has never been more exciting. Perhaps it's because the anti-establishment rebelliousness, the perceived covertness, and the fleeting nature of it […]
- The Ally Goes All In I nearly choked on my water when a tablemate called his dish of spaghetti with ground beef, bacon and a fried egg "trailer-park food." Since he devoured it and left not a speck on the plate, I knew he meant it in the nicest possible way. But he was right. Once he said it, I couldn't help but imagine Cletus the Slack-Jawed Yokel […]
- 10 MORE Food-Themed Baby Costumes For Halloween Last year, we compiled a list of 10 Food-Themed Baby Costumes for Halloween. And then we died of cuteness. Now, we're back from the dead to bring you 10 more. Cotton candy! Shrimp! Hot dog! Nom, nom, nom, nom . . . ] See also: 10 Food-Themed Baby Costumes For Halloween One HOT Halloween Costume5 Things You Need For The […]
- Five Pizza Crusts More Epic Than Pizza Hut's Hot Dog-Stuffed Crust As Edwin reported, Pizza Hut UK is stuffing its crust with hot dogs, and as expected, people are going nuts over the hybrid. But while I'm sure it's as tasty and heart-attack-inducing as it sounds, the concoction is hardly a novel one. Crazy crusts have been offered in Asia for years.Here are five truly mind-blowing pizza […]
- Ten Great Hot Dogs In Orange County In New York and its suburbs, where I grew up, there is only one way to eat a hot dog: in a potato roll with brown mustard, sauerkraut, and the option of onions in a sweet red sauce akin to ketchup.Sure, there were heretics who added ketchup, relish, and raw chopped onions, and the occasional splash of disgusting, muddy chili, but they […]