Behold the beginning of our 100 Favorite Dishes of 2016 listicle! Every day through the publication of our Best Of 2016 issue (and sometimes, twice a day), we’ll be bringing you our favorite dishes across Orange County, leading up to the best in the land. Enjoy!
There aren’t enough hours in the day to get things done— especially cooking. Between planning, grocery shopping, prepping, actual cooking and cleaning up, eating almost sounds like a chore. It’s for this reason that meal delivery services are popping up. Some require only cooking and (minimal) cleaning, while others do all the work for you.
We learned about The Performance Kitchen earlier this year when a Forker inquired about Gregory Moro’s whereabouts. When we reached out to Moro for an update, he mentioned a current project based out of The Hood Kitchen with partner-in-crime Kimmy Wilson and owner Ashley Boyer. Having someone with his culinary experience gives them an edge in creating menus with flavor and creativity; basic chicken and broccoli is reinvented with a cumin and chili spice rub, plus citrus guacamole for dipping. Did we mention they also deliver? It’s all good in the hood.
Learn more about The Performance Kitchen at www.theperformancekitchen.com.
89. Pizza-Sized Quesadilla at Los Sanchez
90. Filipino Brunch at EATS Kitchen And Bar
91. Mexican Chocolate at the Pie Hole
92. Biscuits at James Republic
93. Mushroom Flatbread with Kale and Kumquat Salad at Lemonade
94. Mexican-Style Gelatins from Santa Ana’s Gelatina Goddess
95. Hot Pastrami Caesar Salad at Bruxie
96. Jalapeño Pupusas at Las Cazuelas
97. Meatball Sliders at Fresh Brothers
98. Buffalo Cauliflower at Mead’s Green Door Cafe
99. Raindrop Cake at Sunmerry Bakery
100. Doughrito at Surfin’ Donuts