The only difference was there were no horses coming toward me. But Viggo Mortensen still was!?!
Dag gum dust from the Freeway Complex Fire!
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- Pardon Our Digital Dust So our website has changed quite a bit. Many of the differences are intentional. Some of the others are, um, not. If you're having problems using our online article archive search feature, or if you click through on a link and it takes you nowhere, it's not you. It's us. Our crack development team is making numerous […]
- Is Today Mic Check Day? It's January 12, 2012. Or, in numbers, 1/12/12. If it were really Mic Check Day, shouldn't we have celebrated it on January 2, 2012? That's 1/2/12. Anyway, today you can go find an Occupy protest to join with impunity. Go mic check somebody. ]
- Why Do Mexicans Work as Day Laborers? DEAR MEXICAN: I'm a young, white dude who drives to work every day, and on my commute, I get off the freeway and drive through the streets. Every day between the hours of 5 a.m. and noon, there are AT LEAST 100 Mexican men out there, waiting to be picked up for work of any kind. My question: Is it really worth it to stand out there […]
- Should Mexicans Still Get Affirmative Action? DEAR MEXICAN: I work for one of those progressive companies. Most of the gabacho bosses are actually pretty cool . . . at least while your back isn't turned. There are a few a-holes, pero there will always be a few; they've got gigs lined up in talk radio. Sabes que, what drives me bananas is when the company puts "initiatives" […]
- Lionheart Saturdays were made for shaking off the dust of a shitty work week. And there's no better way to shake a shit ton of dust than to hop into a seething pit grooving to the raging strains of Lionheart. Known for their chugging, aggressive sound, their growling vocals tread the border regions between punk and hardcore. […]
- Jeph Howard of The Used Shows Off His Ink Jeph Howard, the Used's bassist, has pretty tattoos. The Used is headlining Sunday night at tattoo-and-music festival MusINK opening at the OC Fairgrounds today, so Howard send over some photos we can ooh and aaah over. ]