As I hit the publish key on that last item, Al Franken's voice mysteriously filled the room. No, we didn't succumb to his wily charms and wind up in bed with him again (although if we had a nickle…). No, we hadn't even been paying attention when the remade The Manchurian Candidate came on the tele, and in it Franken plays some kind of political commentator. Such a stretch!
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- Tasha Tells All…On What Women REALLY Want! Every Monday, adult superstar/OC girl Tasha Reign gives us her thoughts on life, sex, politics and everything in between. Today, Tasha weighs in on what women REALLY want. Enjoy! Men always ask me what women want--in bed, in life, and how to "get" them or please them. I think I'm a good source to ask, seeing as that I love women […]
- Video Savant: Adriano Celentano N Raffaella Carrà's “Prisencolinensinainciusol” Adriano Celentano—who was unknown to me until a week ago—is something akin to the Italian Serge Gainsbourg. This bonkers song is on some Busby Berkeley-esque, proto-glam-disco-rap shit—with a harmonica solo! WTF?! After one listen/viewing, it catapulted into my pantheon of favorite songs ever. Sadly, nothing else I've checked by […]
- Party, Pizza Party You're the asshole who had the audacity to leave an enormous mess in the private room at the restaurant I work at, just before another party had to use it. You then came back into the restaurant (after leaving with the rest of your party) and demanded a refund because we threw away a few slices of cold pizza you left in the room. […]
- Aaron Kushner to OC Reg Staff: “Cannot” Guarantee Even More Layoffs Won't Come this Year So Orange County Register owner Aaron Kushner tried to rally his troops yesterday during a townhall held at the Reg's third-floor newsroom. The occasion, of course, is an expected exodus of the newsroom--anywhere from 20 to 100 people--through a combination of severance packages and layoffs. Kushner, as usual, didn't offer a […]
- All Time Low's Alex Gaskarth to Lady Gaga: 'I'm Coming for Your Vagee!' Here's an amusing tidbit from a let-it-all-hang-there interview with All Time Low's frontman Alex Gaskarth, before the whole bit is published next week. We asked what he would say to Lady Gaga if she read his interview. (He's a professed fan, and uh, devotee.) Read it after the jump. ] "I'd say this: Thank you […]
- Election 2016: Here's 10 Orange County Candidates Who Don't Suck In this week's dead-tree edition, we offered readers an anti-endorsement list—Orange County candidates whom no one in their right mind should vote for and should do everything to defeat. People loved the idea, but asked for guidance in who they should vote for. That's a bit of a problem for us. As we stated before, we […]