UPDATE, MAY 17, 3:49 A.M.: Autopsy and toxicological reports reveal that the two teens found dead in a Huntington Beach apartment in January overdosed on prescription drugs, with alcohol contributing to one of the deaths, The Orange County Register reports.
Beach. Their bodies were found at an apartment in the 15500 block of
Huntington Village Lane, LA Times reports.
ORIGINAL POST, JAN. 24, 4:21 P.M.: A 15-year-old male and a 16-year-old female were found dead inside a vacant Surf City apartment on Friday, the Huntington Beach Independent reports.
Along with them? An empty can of Four Loko, the famed caffeine-spiked alcoholic beverage blamed for several deaths across the country and banned in several states.
Last fall, the Chicago-based makers of Four Loko agreed to stop adding caffeine to the drink to comply with FDA regulators, who declared the stuff was unsafe.