Stevie Wonder's really let himself go…..
- brett cutts r.i.p. R.I.P. to Long Beach musician Brett Cutts, who passed away about a week ago. You can listen to him here or here and read things about him here. Love and strength to his friends and family.
- Flickr Photo of the Week!: A Sign of Things to Come Got something to share with your community? Join the OC Weekly Flickr pool!
- 3hree Things: I Will Be Going on Hiatus ] As a result, I don't feel that I can muster up the (arguable) wit, snark and occasional positivity that make this column worth reading from time to time. Thanks for understanding. I'll be back eventually.
- Musicians Talking About Themselves, In Illustrated Form If there's any subject musicians love to talk about more than music, it's themselves. We illustrated our favorite five quotations from musicians who had some odd things to say about themselves. ] [ Follow us on Twitter @OCWeeklyMusic and like us on Facebook at Heard Mentality.
- Breaking! Matt McCluer venue change! Due to what seemingly was a last minute venue change (and not bad reporting), the show info at the end of Ziegler's piece on McCluer this week was incorrect in the print edition. The correct info can be found online in the story here.
- Surfer Blood + Pains of Being Pure at Heart Cover Fullerton's Lit [via Pitchfork]Last week, Surfer Blood and the Pains of Being Pure at Heart played a gig in Florida--and members of both bands collaborated on a cover of Fullerton-based band Lit's 1999 hit, "My Own Worst Enemy." Chris Principe from Hooray for Earth also joined the two bands and sang lead vocals. Watch it after the jump. […]