It’s baaaaaack! The annual grilled cheese smackdown between some of our favorite local chefs is next Tuesday. As usual, competition is fierce. Last year’s winner (Mark McDonald of Old Vine Cafe) was a simple, yet classically executed entry. Who will lead the pack this time? Let’s take a gander at that list.
- Craig Brady representing Haven Gastropub
- Anthony Latteri of Provisions Market
- David Coleman from Working Class Kitchen
- Shachi Mehra of ADYA
- Amar Santana of Broadway and Vaca
- Max Schlutz repping Sessions West Coast Deli
- Niki Starr from Mesa
- Danny Godinez of Anepalco’s Cafe
- Erick Simmons representing The Crema Cafe
- Lisa Gilmore of Orange Home Grown
- and Dee Nguyen from Break of Dawn
A ProAm competitor has yet to be named. Those interested should present an entry with the hashtag #thebigcheese2016 by this Thursday. The lucky entrant will be announced Friday. Ticket sales are restricted to 100 guests, so order your tickets NOW!