Toxic Hell: make a run for the bathroom! A Consumerist reader named Jason got caught up in the salmonella outbreak that started at Taco Bells in the Midwest. He tried to be a good guy and alert the restaurant, with an unexpected result.
According to Consumerist, the manager of his Taco Bell explained that his green-apple trots and prostrations before the porcelain throne were due to his system being unaccustomed to Taco Bell food; if he'd just eaten more of it, his system would have processed it without complaint.
Read the whole story here. While it's understandable that the manager didn't want to admit any fault for liability purposes, the best thing he could think of to say was that the complainant didn't eat enough of the tainted food? There's a real failure of extemperaneous thinking.
Yet another reason to eat real Mexican food cooked by people whose livelihoods depend on their not poisoning their clientele.
Hat tip to loyal but not local reader W.G. for the link!