Crazy but true story: of the three times that I believe I've suffered from food poisoning in my life, all were at high-end restaurants. I never felt ill after eating at Taco Bell–my soul, sure, but not my innards.
But now comes one Jason Gibson, who claims Taco Bell gave him salmonella poisoning and wants $1 million for his suffering.
A Texas college student is seeking $1 million from Taco Bell, alleging the fast food restaurant gave him Salmonella poisoning.
Jason Gibson filed suit against Taco Bell of America and others unknown on Nov. 22 in the Eastern District of Texas, Marshall Division. Taco-Bell-DoritosTaco_single
According to the lawsuit, the Centers for Disease Control reported a multi-state outbreak of Salmonella Enteritis infections caused by the consumption of contaminated food beginning around October 2011 and continuing “over a substantial period of time.”
In February 2012, the Oklahoma State Department of Health identified Taco Bell as the restaurant involved in the infection of 16 Oklahoma residents, the suit states.
Gibson claims he dined at Taco Bell in Denton County on Dec. 28, 2011, and soon after suffered from Salmonella poisoning.