Greg Daniels, Wil Dee and Alkesh Patel, a.k.a. the people who brought you the wildly successful Haven Gastropub in Orange, have finally put the finishing touches on their CAMP offering, called taco asylum, what they describe as a “non-traditional” taco shop. The official opening is Thursday, Jan. 13 at 11 a.m.
From then on, it will be open daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at the CAMP (2937 S. Bristol St., Ste. B102, Costa Mesa, CA 92626), between Native Foods and SEED People's Market.
Stay tuned this week for a preview, but for now, a sampling of the menu–after the jump!
- grilled octopus: flour tortilla, kalamata olives, oregano, feta, tomatoes, $5
- escolar: cabernet tortilla, aioli, green cabbage slaw, $5
- pork belly: flour tortilla, carrots, daikon, onions, cilantro, $5
- short rib: flour tortilla, pickled red onion, salsa verde, cotija cheese, cilantro, $5
- curried paneer: naan tortilla, raita, tomato chutney, $5
- wild mushroom: herbed tortilla, mushrooms, garbanzo purée, parsley salad, fried chickpeas, $5
- lamb: flour tortilla, olive tapenade, ratatouille, mâché, $6
- duck: flour tortilla, camembert, dijon crème fraîche, $6
- corazon: flour tortilla, confit beef heart, pickled turnips and peppers, harissa, $5
- ghost chili pork: flour tortilla, chili threads, pork cracklin's, $5
- flight of first eight above, $18