In April 2010, we reported that Steven Bren, son of billionaire Irvine Co. chairman Donald Bren, occupied the No. 18 spot on California's list of most delinquent tax delinquents, as he and his wife Cynthia owed $2,209,561.23 in personal income tax at the time. We're happy to report the Brens of Emerald Bay are not on the state's 2015 list of the top 500 personal tax delinquents. However, Steven Bren's company is on the California Franchise Tax Board's 2015 list of top corporate tax delinquents.
Bren is the CEO of Bacchus Development, which owes $1,000,811.90 to take the No. 6 spot on the FTB's ranking of the most delinquent corporate taxpayers.
The occupant of the top spot is based in Buena Park. Hezekiah N. Moore, M.D., A Professional Corporation owes $2,457,776.30, according to the list that the FTB most recently updated on Monday.
Other Orange County companies (and what they owe in state corporate taxes) are:
– Keithco Manufacturing, Inc. of Tustin ($371,476.90)
– Barry H. Josselson, A Professional Law Corporation of Orange ($341,889.41)
– Personnel Plus, Inc. of Anaheim ($292,970.93)
– New Millennium Diagnostics, Inc. of Garden Grove ($247,182.42)
– Integrative Wellness Medical Group, Inc. of Irvine ($243,455.30)
– Kuma Enterprises, Inc. of San Juan Capistrano ($233,939.84)
– Apple Tour, Inc. of Fullerton ($223,373.36)
– My Realtors of Santa Ana ($161,539.36)
– Gregory J. Joy, M.D., A Professional Corporation of Mission Viejo ($154,236.23)
The only Orange Countian to crack the top 10 on the state's list of the 500 most delinquent personal taxpayers is Newport Beach's MIchael B. Mccullough, who owes $1,042,648.48 to own the No. 8 spot.
Two local physicians who made the list are Brea's Dr. Tarick K. Smaili, who owes $246,650.60, and Anaheim's Dr. Francisco A. Pulido, who owes $184,046.95. Under the state tax code, the Medical Board of California suspended the licenses of Smaili and Pulido effective last Wednesday, Feb. 18. The suspensions will be lifted once they pay their tax bills or meet the conditions of a repayment plan, according to the FTB.
The only "celebrity" I found on the personal income tax delinquent list was former NFL receiver Terrell Owens, who owes $153,442.03, according to the FTB.
The 41-year-old Los Angeles resident also owes $107,297.60 in federal income taxes from 2013 and has been hit with at least four tax liens in the past that he went on to settle, TMZ reported earlier this month.
Find other celebrities I missed or your friends and neighbors here: https://www.ftb.ca.gov/aboutFTB/Delinquent_Taxpayers.shtml.