Seasons 52, the restaurant that replaced The Clubhouse at South Coast Plaza, has set its opening date to be August 30th. Forgot what Seasons 52 was all about? Read my previous article here.
- Where to Buy Tamales in Orange County This Christmas, 2012 Edition! This is hilarious. Every year around this time, I get asked where to buy the best tamales in Orange County. Really, the answers rarely change. Below is the article on the subject I did last year, which itself is mostly a retread of a story I did back in 2007. Other plugs I'll give right now are for the tamales at Rubalcava's […]
- Sushi Bear Replaces Sushi Kappo Suzumaru in Tustin A photo posted by Sushi Bear (@thesushibear) on Mar 17, 2016 at 5:19pm PDT I'm not sure how long Sushi Kappo Suzumaru had been open in Tustin before it closed earlier this year, but for sure it'd been a Tustin staple for more than a decade. The first article I found about it in our archives is dated August 25, 2005, so it was […]
- South Coast Plaza 50th Anniversary Challenge: Part Two Back in March, we were offered a challenge: Dine at as many South Coast Plaza restaurants participating in their 50th Anniversary. We powered through three hours and six eateries. Well, another roundup of dining specials is happening right now through the end of October. And yes, we took that rematch quite seriously. How did we do? Find […]
- South Coast Plaza Kicks Off its 50th Anniversary With a Dinner Featuring Lima Beans! On March 15, South Coast Plaza will officially mark its 50th anniversary. But South Coast Plaza being South Coast Plaza, that's just the launch of a yearlong celebration of not one of the most famous shopping experiences in the world, but also the entrepreneural, civic, and artistic legacy that the Segerstrom family wrought from acres […]
- Gino Buonanoce & Salvatore Ferrara of Antonello Ristorante, Part Two Today we continue on with our profile of the two co-executive chefs at Antonello Ristorante at South Coast Plaza. Missed the first part? Click here. Otherwise... ] --------------------------------------- CHEF GINO BUONANOCE Favorite music to cook by: Frank Sinatra. Best food city in America: New […]
- New Cuban Restaurant Opens Near South Coast Plaza A few weeks ago, we wrote about the quick demise and subsequent sale of the faltering Sabores Mexican Grill across from South Coast Plaza. The restaurant and just about everything that was in it was sold lock, stock and barrel to Bella Cuba, a Cuban eatery. The new entity is already up and running, and the kitchen's transition from […]