The C-SPAN feed has Romney shaking hands live from his Boston HQ as U2’s “Elevation” spins. What, no Osmonds? Ah, but Romney and Bono do have that pompous-asshole thing going for ‘em…..
- Fighting Words [Savage Love] I’m a 24-year-old nonbinary person living in Florida. I have two wonderful girlfriends. One I have been with for four years (we live together); the other I have been with for a year and a half. They’re both brilliant, interesting and kind. Both relationships have their issues, but they are minor. They know each other but aren’t […]
- Oingo Boingo Dance Party Pays Tribute to the Original Band’s Undead Spirit It’s funny how life works out sometimes. As a kid, I loved my music icons. As a teenager, I loved bands like Led Zeppelin, Boston, AC/DC, Earth, Wind & Fire, Rick James and Prince. I know, it’s an odd combination, but that’s the way it was in the late 70’s to early 80’s. In my freshman year in high […]
- New OC Bar Association Prez Michael Baroni Hates Immigrants, Loves Cops, is Dumb Tomorrow, the Orange County Bar Association will hold its yearly Judges' Night & Annual Meeting at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach. There, the group will install one Michael L. Baroni as their new president. And, if all goes according to plan, more than a few lawyers will walk out to protest what a huge ass Baroni is. […]
- Dick Baney and the Other Lost Boys of Summer Richard Lee "Dick" Baney remembers the excitement he felt in 1963 as a fireballing freshman at Anaheim High School. Scouts such as Los Angeles Dodgers legend Tommy Lasorda already had their eyes on him. "I was told that I'd be the first Mexican signed out of Orange County," he says. He was drafted by the Boston Red Sox three years […]
- 5 Reasons You Missed Navel Gazing, Starring Chris Dorner, Mike Carona and Meth Lovers As Gustavo revealed, it was impossible for us Navel Gazers to gaze at our navels since Thursday afternoon . . .Gremlins Attack OC Weekly Website!But that did not stop the more hopeful among us from writing blog posts all day Friday in case we were suddenly online again. History shows we were not, so after the jump are capsules of […]
- Vanna Hong, Exposed After Facebooking Woman, Guilty of Raping Her When She was 12 A Boston man who repeatedly raped an Orange County girl beginning when she was 12--and then reached out to her via Facebook when she was in her 30s and married--pleaded guilty Friday to lewd acts upon a child under 14. Vanna Hong, 45, was immediately sentenced to eight years in state prison and ordered to register as a sex offender for […]