He loves them so much that he offers them doughnuts and water! See, he's not a bad guy just because he wants to deny these loving, committed couples their equal rights. Listen to his heartfelt explanation to Ann Curry about why doughnuts + water = not homophobic, during their interview set to air on Dateline NBC tomorrow night.
- How “Living It Forever” Almost Died The Newport Beach Film Festival kicks off tomorrow night, and Living It Forever--an enlightening documentary about the pioneering surfers of Newport Beach's 22nd Street--is already such a hot ticket that two Lido Theatre screenings have been scheduled for April 28--the night before the 2010 fest run ends. Not bad when you consider […]
- Rev. Schuller Spins Orange Coast Magazine Like Rich, we're excited to see the "new" Orange Coast, and wish it the best even though it's now technically a competitor. I've yet to see the issue that Rich dissected but did catch the one before, one that already had hints of the literary journalism and well-written analysis readers can expect under newish editor Marty […]
- Five Things Not Improved By Bacon If I'm ever interviewed for a "Meet the Blogger" feature, and the interviewer brings up food trends I wish would die, the first thing to roll off my tongue (or fingers) would be this obsession with bacon. Don't get me wrong, I love bacon, but the idea that there is no food that could not be made more perfect with the simple […]
- When the Going Gets Tough, the Rick Warren Scandal Gets Weird MSNBC's Rachel Maddow has today's best assessment of the Rick Warren-Barack Obama invocation dust up: "Not only is it getting worse, it's getting weirder."Yesterday, there was Pastor Wiley Drake of First Baptist Church in Buena Park demonizing Warren's participation in the Jan. 20 inauguration of our "evil illegal […]
- Warren Can't Carry Oral Roberts' Holy Jock Strap From the Associated Press:LAKE FOREST, Calif. - Evangelical pastor Rick Warren's plea for donations to fill a $900,000 deficit at his Southern California megachurch brought in $2.4 million, Warren announced to cheers during a sermon at the church on Saturday.Well, whoop-dee-freakin'-doo! ] Warren had posted this on […]
- [UPDATED with Rick's Response!] Rick Warren to Staff: Don't Follow Assholes on Twitter See update at the end of this post.ORIGINAL POST, JUNE 20, 3:29 P.M.: We can add new meaning to the acronym NSFW: Not Safe for Warren. Apparently, Rick Warren on Tuesday emailed staff at Saddleback Church with a directive to unfollow anyone on Twitter who is anti-Christian or anti-Saddleback. "I frequently notice that often […]