Chris Marrs Piliero talks to the Register, Local Natives talk to Interview. Here's the local music news we didn't cover this week.
- Anaheim Hills' Chris Marrs Piliero, director of the Black Keys' Tighten Up music video that won a VMA award, reflects on his “freaky karma” (his moon man had the Black Eyed Peas' name on it). [OCR]
- Interview Magazine had photog Aaron Stern ask Ryan Hahn of the Local Natives about their European tour and his favorite shows, both of which involved large bodies of water. (Like their videos!) [Interview]
- Psychobilly band Tiger Army's
annual Halloween weekend shows at the Grove were their only 2010 shows
due to a hiatus brought on by singer Nick 13's country-esque solo
project. OCR blames the lackluster shows on the band's presumed lack of practice. [OCR]
- Santa Ana's DJ Dan Sena just completed his sophomore EP entitled, Single Bully/First Light. A release date will be announced shortly! [Facebook]
- Americana husband and wife band The Fallen Stars are big in Germany, much like the Hoff. But they can't get
airtime in their hometown stations like KROQ or Jack FM. [Daily Titan]
- Now, thanks to Stetson Looks clothing, you too can look like OC's Pawn Shop Kings! The country influenced band teamed up with the clothing company for a giveaway Pawn Shop King's own line clothes. [Stetson]
When not running the OCWeekly.com and OC Weekly’s social media sites, Taylor “Hellcat” Hamby can be found partying like it’s 1899.