Forget sky-high gas prices, stagnant home sales and shaky consumer confidence. Around here, all you need to know that rotten times are ahead is Sharper Image quarterly profits have sunk 62 percent.
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- [UPDATE: Sold to Someone Who Has No Idea Who No Doubt Is!] No Doubt's 'Beacon Street' Anaheim Home for Sale UPDATE, 12:14 P.M., JAN. 18: According to comments left by real-estate agent Chuck Ohlwine of First Team Real Estate, the home has been sold. The Beacon Street house is now in escrow and was sold for "not less than asking price." It was also an all-cash offer. Ohlwine tells us the home was on the market for 18 days, but it sold at […]
- Gettin' Made: Cool as a Cucumber Soda Last week while eating at L.A.'s Mac and Cheeza restaurant, I had the good fortune to try this cucumber-flavored soda: Mr. Q. Cumber soda by LisaBeebe on Flickr Lemme tell ya--while the macaroni and cheese I had for lunch was really good, this soda was amazing. To quote an old Outkast […]
- Disneyland, California Adventure Raise Admission Prices–Again. Looking to go to either Disneyland or California Adventure anytime in the near future? If so, you better be ready to shell out a few more bucks for your park ticket/annual pass.Yep, Disney is once again raising their prices on all admission tickets. Learn more about the new price increase, as well as a history of the cost of Disneyland […]
- Hungry Hipster [Hey, You!] You were the hipster Fullerton college student asking me if I "have any change to help get a bite to eat." I was the guy that honestly said, "Sorry, no change," then walked into Wahoo's—only to come right back and offer to buy you something to eat at the restaurant. You responded, "No, thanks. I want Pokicraft." Even I don't eat […]
- My Mexican Boyfriend Acts Like a Crybaby. Is That Normal? DEAR MEXICAN: My boyfriend is Mexican, and I love him very much. We have a very good relationship, and most of the time, he is sensitive to my needs and feelings. On some occasions, however, he will act in a very stubborn way. For example, if something I said or did was disappointing to him, rather than tell me he is disappointed or […]
- Heartland Attack Courtesy whitehouse.govWith the presidential election over and a basketballbrawl taking over the headlines, blue-state voters are settling into the reality that the smirking chimp will remain at the helm of the Titanic for the next four years. It's still a bit of a mystery as to how he persevered (though Kerry seemed to be as […]