Behold the beginning of our annual 100 Favorite Dishes countdown! Every day until the publication of our fantabulous Best Of Issue, we'll list our favorite meals this year in descending order. Enjoy, pass it on, and tune in daily!
Maybe it's because I love Vietnamese food and I'm Mexican, but I'm obsessed with Vietnamese selling their food to Mexican. Pho Crystal Noodle House in SanTana is one such place, and while it's not full-on Viet-Mex like, say, Pho Cali or Dos Chinos, it still packs in wabs, pochos, and cholos alike, all looking for straightforward pho. I always like chicken better than beef, but the beef here is great.
Is it the best pho in Orange County? It's not even the best pho in SanTana. But it's a damn fine pho, and it comes with che at the end–and for a dish in the 90s on this list, it's perfect.
93. Breakfast Burrito from Cafe Calacas
94. Koobideh Plate from Grill Cafe
95. Tacos de Cecina from Alebrije's
/ching_chinese_express_jajangmyeong.php> 96. Jajangmyeong from Ching Chinese Express
97. Breakfast Sausage from Da-Le Ranch
98. Any Special Dinner by Old Vine Cafe's Mark McDonald
99. Tres Amigos Burrito from Piaggio on Wheels
100. Bacon-Wrapped Dates from Lola Gaspar