Behold the beginning of our annual 100 Favorite Dishes countdown! Every day until the publication of our fantabulous Best Of Issue, we'll list our favorite meals this year in descending order. Enjoy, pass it on, and tune in daily!
While SanTana has its share of loncheras, Tacos Radioactivos has distinguished itself by being a bit tighter on its traditional offerings. So no fusion here: instead, brightly made chilango standards, best of which is its epic pambazo.
The pambazo, of course, is that sandwich of renown that finds chefs dunking a bolillo in a salsa, grilling the results so the salsa magically gets encapsulated in the bread, then stuffing it with repollo, crumbled cotija, and a spread of mashed potatoes and chorizo. Radioactivos' pambazo is open-faced–if you touch it with your fingers, the yummy red stains will stay with you for days–and so soft you can easily eat it with a spoon. And the flavors within–spicy because of the guajillo salsa, crunchy with chorizo, salty gracias to the cheese–makes me think pambazos will finally cross over come 2015.
92. Beef Pho at Pho Crystal Noodle House
93. Breakfast Burrito from Cafe Calacas
94. Koobideh Plate from Grill Cafe
95. Tacos de Cecina from Alebrije's
/ching_chinese_express_jajangmyeong.php> 96. Jajangmyeong from Ching Chinese Express
97. Breakfast Sausage from Da-Le Ranch
98. Any Special Dinner by Old Vine Cafe's Mark McDonald
99. Tres Amigos Burrito from Piaggio on Wheels
100. Bacon-Wrapped Dates from Lola Gaspar