From now until OC Weekly's Best Of issue comes out, Stick a Fork In It will be counting down one hundred of our favorite dishes in the county–one dish we think you should be eating each day until the magnum opus is published.
I don't camp. I can't imagine taking my precious vacation time and then sleeping on the ground, peeing in the woods, and cooking out of cans. That's not called vacation, that's called poverty. I manage to have amazing vacations–I'll be pickling myself in tequila, carnitas and mariachi two weeks from now–but my anti-camping plank means my opportunities to make s'mores are limited.
Fortunately, I wandered past the Ti Amo Biscotti booth at the SoCo Farmers Market a few weeks ago, sampled some biscotti, and then my eyes lit on a small container of packaged s'mores. I took them home, scarfed them, and then sat in a dark corner of the hallway swearing at the scale. They're just like camping, gooey marshmallow and all, and they're as addictive as any hard drug.
The only issue with them: if you microwave them to get the chocolate to melt, the graham crackers soften. This can be resolved–at your own risk–by using a crème brûlée torch instead.
Ti Amo Biscotti is located at 24331 Muirlands Blvd. #D, Lake Forest; 949-874-7437. Their website is not up, but they have a Facebook page. You can also buy their goodies at the SoCo Farmers Market, 3311 Hyland Ave., Costa Mesa, Saturdays from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
The list so far:
79. Broken Rice at Dat Thanh
80. Bulgogi and Potato Pizza at Chicken & Pizza Love Letter
81. Braised Bacon at Break of Dawn
82. Cake Donut at Cream Pan
83. Bistec de Pollo at Mercado El Rey
84. The Rhino at Rancho a Go Go
85. Cabernet Brownies at Blackmarket Bakery
86. Cookie Monster at Lola Ice Cream and Deli
87. Polenta Board at CUCINA Enoteca
88. Falafel Taco at Taco Asylum
89. Wagon-Wheel Bread at THE RANCH Restaurant
90. Toothpick Tacos at Mexico Supermarket
91. Hoppin' John at Memphis at the Santora
92. Free Beans and Chips at Taqueria Zamora
93. Pig in a Blanket Waffle with Gringo Bandito at Cafe Calacas
94. “Pork Hash” at Huong Giang
95. Sweet Chili Chicken Quesadilla At Kogi
96. Licuados at Mil Jugos
97. Hawaiian Ahi Poke at California Fish Grill
98. Takoyaki at Takoyaki Tanota
99. Fiesta Noodles at Jollibee
100. Chilaquiles Verdes Con Huevos Estrellados at La Tablita California