It says right here that our Governator Arnold Schwarzenegger has sold his eight Hummers after converting to the cause to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. You'll recall that then-action star Schwarzenegger was the one who convinced Hummer's manufacturer to sell the all-terrain military vehicles to civilians, becoming the first person to purchase one in 1992.
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- Massacre at Agua Caliente Photo by Nick ShouEveryone who isn't totally nuts agrees that Native Americans have been treated like crap throughout U.S. history. They were decimated by European viruses like smallpox and syphilis, and then they were pushed off their land by white settlers and massacred by our nation's military before being crowded onto […]
- GM Puts the Brakes on the Hummer Anyone disgusted by the sight of a Hummer taking up the last two spaces marked "Compact" in a parking lot will rejoice in this breaking news:GM is discontinuing the Hummer.The decision was made after a bid to sell the brand to China failed, reports the Washington Post.
- 2017 Kia Forte EX Balances MPG, Low Emissions and Peppy Performance You look at the 2017 Kia Forte EX from the outside, and you see a pretty typical sedan. But when you are behind the wheel driving the thing, you imagine you're in a race car. Part of that is because you are sitting so low to the ground, part of it is the sporty interior and most of it is the pep. The Kia Forte EX has a lot of […]
- Brother, I Can Spare a Lift You were the man driving the new Mercedes off the toll road, exiting onto Santiago Canyon Road. I was the grubby-looking man carrying a gas can up the exit ramp. You stopped and offered my sorry-looking ass a ride in your vehicle without hesitation. I declined, as I had just given gas to a family member who ran out and was headed back […]
- The Selling of the Governator, 2013 We're now a generation removed from Arnold Schwarzenegger's brief, odd reign as the biggest star in movies. This Coppertone age lasted from 1990, when two of the 10 top-grossing pictures were Schwarzenegger's Total Recall and Kindergarten Cop, until 1993, when Last Action Hero—an attempt at a tonal gene splice between those […]
- Hey, You! Why is it when I ride my bike to work on Brookhurst, you darn motorists don't seem to pay attention? I swear, every time I get on my bike to save a few bucks on gas, you morons seem to have a need to cut me off, give me the finger when it's not my fault, and yell at me just cuz I'm on a bike. I guess you have to let your […]