Oh Sufjan, is there anything you can't do? Write albums about all 50 states (eventually), get mentioned by Snow Patrol and release lots and lots of Christmas music. This is from 2003's Ding! Dong!: Songs for Christimas, Vol. III.
Yes, he's wearing wings. What of it?
- The Five Best Rap Songs of 2012 You May Have Missed See Also:The Five Hip-Hop Trends that Need to End in 2013Top Five Post-Break-Up Rap DebutsThe Top Ten Rap Albums for People Who Don't Know Shit About Hip-HopWhile we at the Weekly are certain that you're making the most of this first week of January, every new calendar comes with a reminder of what a cultural dead […]
- 'Sweet Child O' Mine' Vid Filmed in Huntington Beach 23 Years Ago Today [via Anti Music] Before Fergie and the rest of the Black Eyed Peas ruined it with their Superbowl version, the signature riff from Guns N' Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine" was an era-defining moment in rock & roll. And the video for it was filmed in a ballroom in Huntington Beach, 23 years ago. The third single from Appetite […]
- Five Great New Christmas Songs You'll Want to Put on Your Holiday Rotation We get a lot of free music here at the Heard Mentality offices on a regular basis, but this holiday season, record labels want us the share and gift that music with impunity. Which is great, because if you're anything like me, you're a sucker for good Christmas songs but don't always know how to seek them out. Here are five […]
- Musical Advent Calendar: Before Braille, 'Merry Christmas, I'm Cheating' Yes, most advent calendars start on Dec. 1. Eat it.Christmas is awesome. Sorry non-observers; I love you but it's true. You get presents, you get to give presents and spread holiday good tidings and so on. And come on, Candy Cane Joe-Joes.Since Christmas music is perhaps the most awesome part of the holiday, I thought it'd be […]
- Musical Advent Calendar: Squeeze, 'Christmas Day' Squeeze was one of the earliest bands I was introduced to as a young Albert--my siblings seemingly played Singles--45's and Under on a constant loop--and I still have a special spot in my heart for them. Songs like "Black Coffee in Bed," "Pulling Mussles from the Shell" and "Cool for Cats" were ahead of their time, and still sound […]
- Aimee Mann Gets Candid, In Illustrated Form Singer-songwriter Aimee Mann announced she will be releasing a new album titled Mental Illness. The album marks Mann's first new full-length album in five years. “I assume the brief on me is that people think that I write these really depressing songs," Mann states in the album's press release. "I don’t know—people may have a […]