Gustavo Arellano wrote and provided video earlier in the week of Micky Mouth, the costumed write-in candidate for Anaheim City Council that Mayor Curt Pringle had tossed from a recent council meeting.
Mr. MM's true identity has yet to be revealed, although he does have a Facebook page.
Here is what one discovers about the candidate from the page which, as of Tuesday morning, had 838 friends:
- His personal interests include “campaigning, puppets, me, you,
happiness, magic, the First Amendment, walking around” and “saying
- He is running for the Anaheim City Council “and it will be THE MOST MAGICAL POLITICAL RACE IN THE WORLD!!”
- “A VOTE FOR ME IS A VOTE FOR HAPPINESS.”
- He has challenged Pringle “to a no-holds mud
wrestling match. . . . Anytime, anyplace, sir. It's on your court now!”
- He has found campaigning difficult: “MAN!!!! POLITICIANS SAY A LOT OF WORDS!!! When I am elected these folks will be charged per word. (extra for angry words)”
- On his wall, he posted the following response in case someone has confused him with other cartoon characters hitting the campaign trail this election season: “I NEVER SAID 'TEA BAG.' I said 'TEA CUP,' like the ride where you sit in a tea cup and spin around. . . . STOP MISQUOTING ME HATERS.”
- He “hired two real MONKEYS too help me get the views up on my campaign
video. So far all I got is a room covered in poo and four broken
keyboards. . . . MAN!! . . . monkeys are kinda dumb.”
Some select Micky Mouth photos and captions on the next page . . .
“The big time Hollywood film crew I hired said they would make all the green parts turn into wonderful images. . . . And i was like WHAT? And they were like HUH? And I was like “what are you guys . . . some kind of magical wizards?!”
“I am working hard for YOU!
“Well . . . for you and ME.
“OK, FOR ME. The point is I AM WORKING!!”
“SOME COOL KID SENT THIS TO ME . . . said she would be sending me a video soon. I think the cool kids vote is in the bag!”
Speaking of support, here are some select comments left on his page:
“I think this guy is a hoot! How funny to read political humor that bears no bias . . . it's just FUNNY!”
“The Palins are coming to support you. That's Sarah and Michael.”
“Hang in there, buddy…. Together we will win this battle!!!! Can i get yur autograph sumtime….. Yur # 1 fan VINCE!!!!!!!!”
“Stay tuned for a lawsuit from Disney.”
“You have more potential than most of the politicians that I have seen in local and federal politics for the last 10+ years.”
Finally, there is this video from Micky Mouth's first day on the campaign trail:
“WITH ALL THE HITS I'M GETTING ON MY CAMPAIGN VIDEO I THINK IT'S TIME TO START LOOKING AT 2012 . . . wink.”