I'm on vacation but will be back the Tuesday after Labor Day.
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- Sweat Seal Photo by Matt OttoIt used to be you could open a clothing business and save money by having your garments made at a sweatshop. Since the workers weren't your employees, you didn't have to worry about pesky things like minimum wage, overtime pay, weekends or vacation. And if the contractor you paid to make the clothes simply shut […]
- Letters Letters may be edited for clarity and length. E-mail to email@example.com, or send to Letters to the Editor, c/oOC Weekly, 1666 N. Main St., Ste. 500, Santa Ana, CA 92701. Or fax to (714) 550-5908. PUSSIES UNITE! I was one of the candidates mentioned in Matt Coker's "Pussies Galore! What local candidates don't want […]
- Super Tuesday in Video A short film by LYT...
- Exclusive Photo of Sheriff Carona Back to Work!
- ¡Ask a Mexican! Returns on YouTube! Because I don't get nearly enough abuse, and because this helps me fulfill my daily blogging quota, I bring back the YouTube edition of my spicy columna. Enjoy!
- Bossypants Lady, you claim to be our manager? By manager, you seem to mean being in a good place yourself while the rest of us work like dogs. You help your pet employee (i.e., whoever is willing to kiss up to you) obtain raises even though other co-workers are much more hard-working. You talk behind each person's back to other employees. […]