Happy 238th Birthday today to Ludwig van Beethoven! Ya don't look a day over 170, you crazy kraut!
Also, this clip is seasonal — everyone probably heard “Fur Elise” for the first time while watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- The National's 'Think You Can Wait' Featuring Sharon Van Etten Goes Old-School The National's "Think You Can Wait" sounds so much sweeter with Sharon Van Etten sharing harmonies with lead singer Matt Berninger, but the video isn't all that great, interspersed as it is with clips from the movie Win Win. (Well, it is the lead off the soundtrack.) Still, it kind of reminds us of videos from soundtracks of […]
- Clash of a Titan When it comes to drama, Ludwig van Beethoven was the ultimate one-man show. For all his public calamities—alcoholic father, miserable love life, bad health, fickle patrons, hassles with his nephew Karl, his own rotten personality and above all his deafness—the real crises in his world were private. In life, he was the quintessential […]
- Copying Beethoven If Immortal Beloved and Eroica just didn't satisfy that need for all things Ludwig Van, then, well, you've probably already seen 2006's Copying Beethoven. But for those who haven't, we suggest heading over to the Bowers Museum for a special screening of director Agnieszka Holland's documentary starring Ed Harris (a […]
- Here Are the Coachella Set Times! Finally! The set times for Coachella were just released. The wait is over. Check out the full line-up, and see all of our warm-up Coachella coverage before we hit the polo fields. We leave for Indio tomorrow, let the craziness begin! Saturday and Sunday set times are after the jump! ] Sunday set times below […]
- Local Record Review: The Aquabats The AquabatsHi-Five Soup!(Fearless Records)"I'm a shark fighter/I fight sharks/I fight 'em in the water/'Cause that's where they are!" And with those words, giddily sung over a fast clip of an arrangement introduced by rolling drums, The Aquabats are once again at it after a five-year studio break. ] Full […]
- Rebecca Black Debuts Her New Single, “My Moment” It's only Monday, but Rebecca Black is back again, this time with a new single, "My Moment." The song centers on the teen's catapult to fame, and in it, she says "see ya later" to haters 'cause "everybody knows this is my moment, my moment." To which we'd like to say, "No, honey, that was six months ago, but okay." […]