Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- Hyundai Motors America in Fountain Valley Gets Unwelcome Visit by United Auto Workers About 30 United Auto Workers members and supporters marched to Hyundai's North American headquarters in Fountain Valley as their comrades hit 23 dealerships around the country Thursday to deliver a letter addressed to President and CEO David Zuchowski that accuses the South Korean automaker of providing low wages and unsafe work […]
- The Straight Poop on Hyundai's Hydrogen Car We've previously told you about local research (at UC Irvine) into a fuel produced by a local source (your pee and poop, dear readers) that is collected by a local supplier (Orange County Sanitation District). But did you know there is a local connection to some of the actual test cars? ] 5 Things to Dread About UC […]
- 2016 Kia Optima Hybrid EX is a Snappy Surprise One in an occasional series reviewing consumer vehicles that are powered by water, natural gas, electricity, hybrid motors, high-efficiency gasoline engines or some other alternative source. A recent "Ride Me" shared that the 2016 Hyundai Sonata plug-in hybrid reminds me of a luxury car. The 2016 Kia Optima hybrid looks a […]
- Hyundai HQ in Fountain Valley Hosts Free Vehicle Inspections Friday Have you ever wished there was a place you could take your car to have someone knowledgeable look it over and tell you whether there are any issues you need to take care of—FOR FREE!?! Believe it or not, there is such a place. For one day only. And only for Hyundai owners. OK, so not everyone drives a Hyundai but there are […]
- 2015 Hyundai Sonata Eco Drives Like a Hybrid But It Actually Gets the Unleaded Out One in an occasional series reviewing consumer vehicles that are powered by water, natural gas, electricity, hybrid motors, high-efficiency gasoline engines or some other alternative source. Whenever I tell a friend I am writing about an electric or plug-in hybrid car, the first question I am invariably asked is, "Will it get you […]
- Flaming Lips and Hyundai Join Forces For Super Bowl Commercial Unless you've been living under a rock or a parallel dimension, you know this Sunday marks one of the biggest unofficial holidays of the year: the Super Bowl. When the 49ers taken the Ravens Sunday, the 47th edition of the Super Bowl is expected to be one of the most watched events of the year, if not of all-time. As many of you […]