Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- The Fixx English new wave band the Fixx hails from a mysterious place—the 1970s. Even though their synthy dance-inflected hits such as "One Thing Leads to Another," and "Red Skies" brought the band fame in the '80s, Wikipedia doesn't lie. The band formed in 1979. Wed., July 18, 8 p.m., 2012
- Dave Attell Few people can make a living out of drunken storytelling—believe us, it’s not for a lack of trying. But comedian Dave Attell has not only been able to make said living, but he’s also garnered fame and a huge following of drunken loyal fans (which are the best kind, as far as we’re concerned). As the former host of Comedy Central’s […]
- Don’t Think Twice [Hey, You!] No, seriously: Stop trying to seduce me. We had our thing nearly 15 years ago at this point, yet you still try to get at me: Facebook messages asking if you can give me something, lingering looks whenever we run into each other in Costa Mesa, hints told to my friends that you still want me, tearful confessions that breaking up with […]
- Whose Online is it, Anyway? Funnyman Rodney Dangerfield-he of "I don't get no respect" fame, of "my wife's cooking's so bad the flies go to our kitchen to die" fame, of "I went to my doctor, and he told me I had six months to live; I asked for a second opinion, and he said, 'Okay, you're ugly, too'" fame . . . that Rodney […]
- Mike Penner/Christine Daniels Story Returns Mike Penner cut his teeth at the Anaheim Bulletin before jumping over to the Orange County edition of the Los Angeles Times as a sportswriter, garnering more fame as a sports columnist for the mothership in LA, even more fame as transsexual sports columnist Christine Daniels for a year--and more fame still when he took his own life.The […]
- Coachella Weekend 1 2012 Set Times Revealed Who's excited? With two days to go before the most anticipated, sold-out double weekend (with possibilities of DOUBLE RAINBOWS!) to go, we thought we'd share the set times that Coachella shared on Facebook a few minutes ago. ] Friday Saturday Sunday