…After reading his excellent summary of his coming book on Gary Webb, leave comments here. For those of who don't know what the hell I'm talking about, read the link–then leave your comments here.
- Ask a Mexican! YouTube Edicion: On Why Mexicans USED to Have so Many Kiddies This one references the third-ever ¡Ask a Mexican! column...enjoy, unless you hate it. In which case: leave beaucoup comments!
- Kill the Messenger, Film Based on Nick Schou's Book, Has Official Fall Release Per Publicist As is written in Deuteronomy 35:11, "Do not believe anything until thou see it in a press release." And so, we direct thou to the next paragraph after the jump to prove beyond a shadow of a Doubting Thomas that a movie based on a certain Weekling's book has a release date ... ] Kill The Messenger, […]
- Don’t Think Twice [Hey, You!] No, seriously: Stop trying to seduce me. We had our thing nearly 15 years ago at this point, yet you still try to get at me: Facebook messages asking if you can give me something, lingering looks whenever we run into each other in Costa Mesa, hints told to my friends that you still want me, tearful confessions that breaking up with […]
- Boarderline Personalities You're the two knuckleheads who were surfing the pier last weekend. But calling what you were doing "surfing" would make the great Duke Kahanamoku turn over in his grave, so let's just settle on "wave raging." With your cutting-edge "paddle around the back of the dude who has the wave" technique, you bogarted just about every […]
- Grub Guide The following places employ guys and gals who remember your name after a couple of visits, refill your water without prompting and deserve a bigger tip than the measly 5 percent you leave, you cheap bastard. DINNER FOR TWO: ¢ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Less than $10! $ . . . . . […]
- [UPDATED: Councilman Cleared] Costa Mesa Chronicles: Councilman Accused of Chest-Bumping and the OCEA Funds an Audit Authorities said there was a "lack of corroboration" for the story provided by Joel Flores, the man who accused Mensinger of chest-bumping him following a verbal altercation between the two. Mensinger told the Daily Pilot that he's just happy to have his name cleared.ORIGINAL POST, APRIL 27, 1:58 P.M.: The Costa Mesa City Council […]