A Facebook page has been created “in light of the recent event at UC Irvine in which
11 members of the Muslim Student Union @ UCI were arrested for attempts
to silence and censor a speaker whose views they disagreed with. Free
speech is NOT negotiable!”
Too bad the page does not practice what it preaches.
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- Irvine 11 Trial: Students Planned a 'Chicago-Style Disruption,' Emails Reveal Trying to show jurors that the Muslim students on trial did not act spontaneously in their disruption of the speech by Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren, prosecutors presented a series of emails that were sent by the defendants in the days leading up to the protest on Feb. 8, 2010. The emails, obtained from Google by search warrant and […]
- UC Irvine Reduces Suspension But Increases Other Sanctions Against Muslim Student Union In response to an appeal of a year-long campus suspension, the University of California, Irvine, has announced revised sanctions against the Muslim Student Union (MSU).The suspension was cut from a year to four months. But see how the university increased other punishments against MSU after the jump . . . ] The MSU's […]
- Mark Yudof, UC President Deemed Weak on Anti-Semitism on Campuses, Including UCI The University of California has been too weak in its reaction to acts of anti-Semitism on its campuses, claims a letter from Jewish groups to UC President Mark G. Yudof (right).Swastika graffiti, anti-Israel speakers who use anti-Semitic language, and harassment and intimidation of Jewish students are increasing at the schools, […]
- Zionists Call for Donation, Enrollment Boycott of UC Irvine, Slam Chancellor The Zionist Organization of America (ZOA) issued a statement Tuesday urging potential students to apply somewhere other than UC Irvine and potential donors to contribute elsewhere. The group, which has been "fighting for Jewish people and the Land of Israel" since its 1897 founding and boasts a national membership of 30,000, in […]
- Article Asks: Is UCI Safe for Jews? Lisa Armony has an exhaustive piece in the April 13 Jewish Journal whose title tells it all: "Is UC Irvine Safe for Jews?" Her conclusion? Yes and no. UCI has made international headlines in recent years, dubbed by observers an unwelcome environment for Jewish students at best, a hotbed of anti-Jewish hate at worst. Years of […]
- Jewish Conspiracy Unveiled: UC Irvine Bans Muslim Student Union From Campus Any hopes of hearing Helen Thomas crack Jewish jokes live and in person at the UC Irvine Laugh Factory are now out the window, according to a story that just went up on the OC Register website this morning. Actually the story has nothing to do with Helen Thomas but it does involve.....Jews!!!! ] To wit: the Register is […]