The poopy wrongful termination lawsuit brought by Kobe
and Vanessa Bryant 's former maid has been settled out of Orange County Superior Court for $200,000–with $130,000 of that reportedly going to Maria Jimenez after her lawyers take their cut.
TMZ has the scoop.
Jimenez in March sued the Newport Coast couple for wrongful discharge, invasion
of privacy, emotional distress and unpaid wages.
Her lawsuit did not T up the Lakers superstar so much, but it portrayed the Mrs. as a woman unhinged, claiming Vanessa Bryant:
- Called the housekeeper “lazy, slow, dumb, a fucking liar, and fucking shit”;
- Accused Jimenez of stealing her (mouth) retainer;
- “Badgered, harassed and humiliated Maria
by yelling and screaming at Maria and criticizing her in front of Kobe,
the Bryants' children, employees and other people in the household”;
- Went nuclear after Jimenez put an expensive blouse in the
washer, demanding that the maid put her hand in a bag of dog feces to retrieve the price tag for the blouse. Jimenez alleged that when she tried to quit on the spot, Vanessa responded that she “had to work until payday to pay
for the $690 blouse, which she did.”
Why the multi-millionaire Bryants kept price tags in bags of dog shit was unclear. The rich are different than you and me. But Jimenez further alleged her privacy was violated by security cameras, and that whenever she tried to quit, Kobe the peacemaker talked her out of it.
The couple claimed in a countersuit that Jimenez was:
- Paid $50,000 a year and lavished with gifts;
- Invited to eat meals with the Bryant family;
- Given time off to visit her family in Peru after she asked,
and that Vanessa gave the maid a paid leave of absence;
- Not wrongfully fired;
- Aware the security cameras were always rolling when she took the gig.
The Bryants further accused Jimenez of violating a confidentiality agreement she signed when she was hired by talking with the press about her allegations. The maid's lawyers countered that their client enjoys freedom of speech just like everyone else.
But, under the settlement, Jimenez has agreed not to exercise that right, at least when it comes to the Bryants (sorry, Oprah).
She also dropped her lawsuit, as the Bryants did their countersuit, like a bag of dog poop.