In this week’s installment of “Orange Feathers,” our weekly editorial cartoon, OC born-and-raised artist William Lyday imagines how Disneyland’s new security policy will play out in the coming weeks…HA!
Got an editorial cartoon about OC life you’re just itching to draw? Pitch us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Disneyland’s Pirates of the Caribbean Goes P.C. [OC Weekly Editorial Cartoon] With news that Disneyland is tweaking its beloved Pirates of the Caribbean ride to better reflect our PC times, Weekly artist Luke McGarry decided to take the continued bowdlerizing of a legendarily politically incorrect ride to its logical conclusion for this week's Orange Feathers. He's too much of a savage to offer an artist's […]
- Donald Trump and the KKK at Disneyland! [OC Weekly Editorial Cartoon] For this week's "Orange Feathers" editorial cartoon, artist Luke McGarry decided to tie in Donald Trump, the KKK and head of OC KKK Bill Quigg having some fun on their respective ride—wheeeee! Got an idea for an editorial cartoon? Email GArellano at ocweekly dot com—enjoy!
- Donald Trump Voters Have Caca on Their Hands [OC Weekly Editorial Cartoon] For this week's Orange Feathers, cartoonist Luke McGarry took on the eternal horror show that is Donald Trump. And, in a break from his usual standard of being too much of a savage to offer an artist's statement, Luke provided one this time, referring to Trump voters: "Fuck 'em." BOOM. Oh, and #fucktrump
- Badges? We’ve Got Your Stinkin’ DACA Badges Right Here! [OC Weekly Editorial Cartoon] For this week's Orange Feathers, artist Algae proudly stands with undocumented youth and twisted the infamous anti-Mexican character in The Treasure of the Sierra Madre. Take it away, Al! I created these badges as a show of support for Dreamers caught in the untenable situation of facing deportation. I have no words for the […]
- Alt-Right Realizes an Eclipse is Happening This Monday [OC Weekly Editorial Cartoon] So are you excited about this Monday's upcoming solar eclipse? HELL YA! Not so happy are alt-losers, as Weekly artist Luke McGarry shows in this week's Orange Feathers. He's too much of a savage to offer an artist's statement, but the caption says it all...HA!
- Recent Heatwave Melts Plastic in Newport Beach! [OC Weekly Editorial Cartoon] Did you like that recent heatwave? Us, neither! But it was especially loathed in Newport Beach, where Orange Feathers cartoonist Luke McGarry witnessed unspeakable tragedies, as illustrated above. He's too much of a savage to offer an artist's statement, so we'll let his work above speak for itself as always.