Crystal Castles, Canada's computerized post-pop band who've had the Cure's Robert Smith guesting on a song–was originally performing at the Galaxy Theater on Nov. 9, but they've rescheduled that show and going onstage in Santa Ana on Oct. 28 instead. That's all. Carry on, folks!
- [UPDATED: With Correct Set List and a Note from the Galaxy] Crystal Castles at the Galaxy Theater Last Night Update, Oct. 28, 2011, 12:20 p.m.: Correct set-list is posted below. Also, here's a note from Galaxy Theatre about the state of the speakers: "Crystal Castles played on a brand new $600,000 L-Acoustics Line Array last night. They sound the way they sound because that is how their sound guy mixes them and that is how the band wants […]
- Crystal Castles Canada’s computerized post-pop band Crystal Castles started as an accident—or an experiment, depending on what you’d call it when a scratch sound check and a MySpace page add up to launch one of the most unexpected buzz bands of the mid-2000s. Early songs such as “Alice Practice” (featuring supercharged vocals from Alice Glass, then […]
- [UPDATE] TICKET GIVEAWAY: GZA at the Galaxy Detroit Bar on Aug. 25 UPDATE: Aug. 16, 2011, 3:33 p.m.: The GZA show has been moved to Detroit Bar. All winners will be notified by the end of the week.Original post, Aug. 9, 2011, 8:58 a.m.: Apparently cool things are going to be emerging from the Galaxy Theatre in Santa Ana pretty soon, the first of which is a show from Wu Tang's Gza, the Genius, […]
- Crystal Castles' Nu-Rave Is an Atari Teenage Riot, and They're Playing Costa Mesa's Detroit Bar 8-Bit of Fun Crystal Castles' nu-rave is an Atari Teenage Riot Crystal Castles avoid interviews thesedays, probably because talking about his brand of video-game techno has only made main man Ethan Fawn seem even more insouciant. He's probably too young to remember the mid-'90s slogan "shut up and dance," but […]
- [hits!] Top-Selling Records at Rhino Records Top 10 selling records from March 21 to March 27 at RHINO RECORDS, 235 Yale Ave., Claremont, (909) 626-7774; www.rhinorecords.cc. Rhino carries new and used CDs and LPs—rock, jazz, punk, soul, world and more—as well as DVDs, toys, T-shirts, accessories and magazines. 1) Porcupine Tree, We Lost the Skyline (Think Indie) 2) […]
- Foster the People Announce Galaxy Show Maybe this time Foster the People will do more than an eight-song setlist. The Galaxy Theatre just announced that the band that made this summer's anthem, "Pumped Up Kicks," will headline a show on Monday, Sept. 12.Foster the People's "Do Good Bus Launch Concert powered by VIZIO" is onsale now at