Check it out:
This was sent by our pal Mark Mauer at LA Weekly. As we informed him, this Coker fellow has certainly been called Dick. Tracy? Not so much. But Dick: definitely.
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- A Very Special Pole… Er, Poll Thanks for all the nominations in our open call to rename the Little Sheriff. Now, you get to vote on one of our ten favorites! So reach out and touch your choice, and the poor little guy will remain nameless no longer. polls - Take Our Poll
- Vote If you're unsure where your polling place is, click here. If you encounter any problems while trying to vote, or have any questions about the how, when and where of voting, call the OC Registrar of Voters office at (714) 567-7600. The polls are open until 8pm.
- Better Call Glew: Hit-And-Run With a Parking Lot Pole Hi Mr. Glew,Right now I'm on probation. Last month I was leaving an ATM and I backed my truck into a painted pole in the bank's parking lot. I didn't hit it hard so I just left. Later I noticed a little bit of paint on my bumper but nothing major. Yesterday the police came to my house and questioned me about what happened […]
- Cassidy's is Great, But its Clientele Matches the Balboa Bar's Infamous Nickname [Editor's Note: We all know local music and dive bars go hand-in-hand. So in the interest of merging the two together on Heard Mentality, we bring you our newest nightlife column Dive, Dive, My Darling. Read as our bold web editor, Taylor "Hellcat" Hamby, stumbles into the dive bar scene every week to find crazy stories, meet […]
- Pinkberry: Buy a Yogurt For Yourself, Get One Free For a Pal Pinkberry's got a special coupon (maybe a great way to combat that upcoming Yogurtland X Sanrio collaboration) for you: Buy a yogurt for yourself, and get one (small) free yogurt for a pal. The coupon's valid until July 24, 2011, limit one per customer, and sorry, offer isn't valid in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, […]
- Famous Musicians Tell How They Lost Their Virginity, In Illustrated Form Fans like to know everything about their favorite musicians, including the utmost personal information, like how they lost their V-card. The topic is so enticing, John Stamos even built a web series around it, in which he asks actors to divulge the details. Here's what a handful of famous musicians had to say about their first […]