Although I love birria, Little Saigon's Binh Dan is the best goat restaurant in Orange County with its seven-course goat special. I shared more love for this dive with Evan Kleinam last week on her KCRW-FM 89.9's Good Food program. Our conversation is at about the 14-minute mark. Enjoy!
- No. 1, or: THE BEST DISH IN ORANGE COUNTY RIGHT NOW: 7 Courses of Goat at Binh Dan Right now, in the Orange County we currently live in culinarily--a wonderful, exciting time, with great restaurants opening weekly even in this Great Recession and the old guard still vibrant--the seven courses of goat offered by Binh Dan embodies our greatest attributes. It's ethnic--unapologetically so. It's sustainable and […]
- Forn Al-Hara Gets the Good Food Treatment One of my favorite foods is sphihas, the Middle Eastern flatbreads topped with all sort of goodies that loser critics like me call Levantine pizzas. On KCRW-FM 89.9's Good Food program, I spoke with host Evan Kleinam about Anaheim's Forn Al-Hara in a prerecorded segment we did before Al-Amir Bakery re-opened. Couple that with […]
- Pho Dakao Gets the Good Food Treatment I came out on KCRW-FM 89.9's Good Food program over the weekend for my monthly review of OC gems worthy of a Southern California audience. The pick this week, one recorded a while back but perfect for our current gloomy weather: Pho Dakao, where the chickens are fresh and the restaurant run-down. Enjoy!
- Vientiane, Irvine Farmers' Market Get the Good Food Treatment I reviewed Vientiane in Garden Grove last year and want more people to go to this Laotian stunner--hence, the plug in this past weekend's edition of Good Food With Evan Kleiman on KCRW-FM 89.9. And while we here know and love the Irvine Farmers' Market, Good Food had amazingly never been to the market--my chica took care of that […]
- Athenian Burgers #3, Eddie Lin Gets the Good Food Treatment I originally reviewed Athenian Burgers #3 in Buena Park nearly two-and-a-half years ago, and its reputation for wrapping the best breakfast burritos in Orange County remains, even continues to grow. May the following conversation I had about it with Evan Kleiman of KCRW-FM 89.9's Good Food bring it even more business. Also featured […]
- Garlic & Chives Is Little Saigon's Latest Hotspot If Little Saigon were Vegas, Bolsa Avenue would be its Fremont Street, and the intersection of Westminster Boulevard and Brookhurst Street would be where Las Vegas Boulevard meets Flamingo Road. The corner is arguably one of the busiest and buzziest in the Vietnamese enclave, boasting two of its most popular restaurants, Brodard and […]