How’d that SR-22 freeway closure on Thursday night work out for you? You survived? Good, because CalTrans is gonna do it again–for five straight nights!
“For five nights, starting on Sunday, 10/6/19 through Thursday, 10/10/19, there will be a full closure of eastbound SR-22 Collector-Distributor Road from Fairview Avenue to SR-57, the northbound and southbound I-5 from 10:00 p.m. to 5 a.m. the next morning,” states an Oct. 3 news release from the City of Santa Ana. “The closure is required for the eastbound SR-22 safety project construction.”
While this looks like fewer streets will be closed for these six days than Thursday night, it will still be a mess. Here’s what the closures will look like each night, according to the news release:
• The eastbound On ramps for Fairview, The City Drive and Bristol Street will be closed
• To access eastbound SR-22, use the Main Street On-ramp
• To exit eastbound SR-22, use either the Fairview Avenue or The City Drive Off-ramps
• To access northbound or southbound I-5, use the Main Street I-5 On-Ramps
• To access northbound SR-57, use either the northbound I-5 or westbound SR-22 Main Street On-ramps
Click here for more information on this, and future, freeway closures in Orange County.
Anthony Pignataro has been a journalist since 1996. He spent a dozen years as Editor of MauiTime, the last alt weekly in Hawaii. He also wrote three trashy novels about Maui, which were published by Event Horizon Press. But he got his start at OC Weekly, and returned to the paper in 2019 as a Staff Writer.