Now that the smoke and acne have cleared in downtown Huntington Beach, and eight people have been arrested for essentially being asswipes, and cops there have restored “order” the best way they know how (batons, shields, calling in Fullerton PD goons), we can take a look at how the night of rioting began in the first place as the Vans U.S. Open of Surfing wrapped up.
After the jump are six probable possibilities or possible probabilities as to the cause.
1) A BOTTLE OF KETCHUP flung from a second-story drinking establishment along Main Street set off an already rowdy crowd.
You're welcome for the youth audience product placement, Heinz.
2) People really hate PORTABLE TOILETS.The only thing more disgusting would have been none out there at all.
3) Someone really needed a NEW BIKE.Call it one stop sign shopping!
4) Testers of SHOCK ABSORBERS on Surf City pickups have had it up to here.
But what'd the orange cones ever do to you?
5) Too many GODDAMN 909ers!
They being the toothless, inland, meth-addicted parolee cousins of Huntington Beach bros. Wherever the geniuses shown above are from, they are really not doing what the sign is telling them to do (Stop!).
6) “The crowd this year seemed to be YOUNGER AND RUDER.”The Huntington Beach resident who actually said that might have added, “And yet they still fight like pussies!”
By the way, she did add her city would be better off without the U.S. Open of Surfing.
The likely response from the city and nearby merchants: See you next year!