Newsies aren't the only ones lighting up the Twittersphere with updates on the gun battle with triple-homicide suspect Christopher Jordan Dorner near Big Bear. Comics across the country are also glued to televisions and tweeting one-liners about the drama. Five of the latest follow after the jump . . .
Follow OC Weekly on Twitter @ocweekly or on Facebook!
Matt Coker has been engaging, enraging and entertaining readers of newspapers, magazines and websites for decades. He spent the first 13 years of his career in journalism at daily newspapers before “graduating” to OC Weekly in 1995 as the paper’s first calendar editor. He went on to be managing editor, executive editor and is now senior staff writer.
- [UPDATED with Randal Quan Speaks:] Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence Memorialized See the update at the end of this post on the service that featured Randal Quan speaking. ORIGINAL POST, FEB. 22, 4:38 P.M.: There will be a memorial service Sunday for Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence at the place where the engaged couple met, Concordia University in Irvine.But unlike the live coverage from the services for […]
- 5 Lingering Chris Dorner Murder Conspiracies You May Have Missed This just in: Christopher Jordan Dorner is still dead.Or is he? Was he ever really in Big Bear? Did the Man take him out because he was about to deal out some truth, maaaaan? Or, hell, did he ever really exist at all? There does seem to be a piece of exposed green screen in that famous video of his police training, after all.Yep, […]
- LAPD Chief Charlie Beck Puts His Officers and Victims in Orange County First and Foremost Los Angeles Police Department Chief Charlie Beck held a wide-ranging press conference this morning on the Christopher Jordan Dorner case, which plunged Southern California into a nightmare after the former La Palma resident is believed to have killed an Irvine couple out of revenge before taking the lives of two more law enforcement […]
- [UPDATED with Gunshot Likely Killed Him:] Christopher Jordan Dorner was the Man in Burned-Down Cabin: Coroner See the update at the bottom of page 2 on the belief that a single gunshot killed the suspect, the San Bernardino County sheriff defending his deputies and the latest on the reward. ORIGINAL POST, FEB. 14, 10:56 A.M.: Had Christopher Jordan Dorner lived and been taken into custody, the Orange County district attorney's office […]
- [UPDATED with Hot Gassing Defended:] Christopher Jordan Dorner War Is Over! Click here for new updates on the Chris Dorner case. ORIGINAL POST, FEB. 7, 9:48 A.M.: The word coming out of the Los Angeles Police Department this morning is meant to apply to that storied agency, but it can be piggybacked onto all of Southern California."WE ARE AT WAR."Our foe is only one man: camo-wearing, heavily armed, […]
- OC's Scariest People 2013 Every year, we pick the 31 scariest people in Orange County so you can laugh, cringe and be glad we didn't pick you this time around. But we hear you, gentle readers: You want more. More Instagrams, more tweets, more interacting with us. In that spirit, we've decided to offer cutout dolls of some of our scariest people, complete […]