This Week, You Can Get Dessert With a Side of Girl Scout Cookies
I want me one of these chocolate bowls from Pascal
So, this week is Orange County Restaurant Week, and if you missed it, Anne Marie posted some great picks a few days ago.This post isn't about those picks, no, it's about something else I'm really excited about: a bunch of the participating restaurants are doing special desserts using Girl Scout cookies.
My sweet tooth sings. Check after the jump for participating restaurants.
The restaurants and desserts are as follows:
- Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour - Lemonades Cookie Cream Soda
- Maro Wood Grill - Girl Scout Cookie Crunch Sundae with Gluten-Free Trios Crumble
- Pascal - Thin Mints Mousse Cake
- Paul Martin's American Grill - Homemade Ice Cream with Assorted Girl Scout Cookies
- Provenance - "Girl Scouts Rock" - Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Torte with Gluten-Free Trios Cookie Crust
- Slapfish - Caramel deLites Chipwich with Thin Mints-studded Ice Cream
- Slater's 50/50 - Peanut Butter Patties Push Pops and Caramel deLites Push Pops
- Sundried Tomato American Bistros and Catering - Lemonades Cookie Sandwich
All delicious sounding, if you ask me (Though I am surprised Lemonades are outnumbering the deLites).
But alas, not all news can be good. This also marks the last week of cookie sales for 2015, so after you eat your dinner, make sure to head over to your nearest girl scout and stock up for the rest of the year.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Orange County dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.