Our final installment of On The Line this week has chef Dave Dennis filling us in on his chili relleno recipe. Deep fried and stuffed with cheese, this is almost as glorious as what an El Torito Grill might serve up.To catch up on previous days, you can click here and here.
Multi-colored tortilla chips, crushed
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
2 pounds cream cheese
3 pounds chicken, shredded
8 ounces green onions, chopped
2 pounds mozzarella cheese
12 ounces green chiles, diced
4 tablespoons chipotle chili puree
2 tablespoons salt
1. Mix all filling ingredients together. Set aside.
2. Place poblano chilies in fryer basket with a basket on top to keep chilies below oil. Deep fry for 2 minutes.
3. Remove chilies and place in a bowl. Cover with plastic for 5 minutes.
4. Peel chilies and cut a slice in the side.
5. Remove core and stuff with filling.
6. Close chili and place in freezer.
7. Once firm, bread chilies with flour, then egg wash, and lastly tortilla chips.
8. Deep fry until golden.