Today we feature a recipe for Gabbi's Achiote Chicken. Here ispart one
of our Q & A.
Gabbi's Achiote Chicken (reprinted with permission from gabbitpatrick.com)
Paying homage to the indigenous cuisine of Mexico, chicken in achiote could be served as the main course or can also be used in burgers, sandwiches, kebobs and of course tacos. For optimal flavor, marinate the chicken for two hours.
5 6 oz. boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
3 tbl. Gabbi's Achiote Rub*
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbl. honey
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Kosher salt, to taste
- Salt the chicken breasts and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine Achiote Rub, orange juice, lime juice and honey to create the liquid marinade.
- Apply liquid marinade to chicken breasts.
- Set grill to medium heat. While on the grill, apply accumulated marinade to the chicken breasts.
- Let chicken rest for five minutes before serving.
Gabbi's Mexican Kitchen, 141 S. Glassell, Orange (714) 633-3038; www.gabbipatrick.com; Open seven days a week 11am - 11pm
*Gabbi's Achiote Rub is a jarred product for sale at Gabbi's restaurant and these stores in Costa Mesa and Newport Beach: Promeli's Market, A Market, Irvine Ranch Market and The Meat House.