Orly Taitz to Run for Office?
California Secretary of State Debra Bowen to be replaced by Orly Taitz?
In fact, Californians may get to know her even better in 2010--as a candidate for elected office.
According to recent postings on her blog (caution: malware infected), the Laguna Niguel dentist/lawyer is considering a run for either California Secretary of State or Attorney General. Why? To give her standing to sue Barack Obama, of course.
Considering that Judge David O. Carter threw out her Barnett v. Obama lawsuit largely because of "redressability"--meaning that regardless of a claim's merits (Taitz's have none, but that's another issue), courts can't remove a sitting president--it's not clear how being elected would make a big difference. But Taitz is gonna try anyhow.
Orange County Soccer Club v Real Monarchs SLC
TicketsSat., Jun. 3, 5:00pm
Premium Seating: Los Angeles Angels v. New York Yankees
TicketsMon., Jun. 12, 7:07pm
Los Angeles Angels vs. New York Yankees
TicketsMon., Jun. 12, 7:07pm
Premium Seating: Los Angeles Angels v. Kansas City Royals
TicketsThu., Jun. 15, 7:07pm
She recently posted asking whether any of her followers could get her in touch with the California Republican Party or with Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele. She's also looking for someone that can enlist the help of whomever managed the campaign for Scott Brown, the Republican victor of Massachusetts' recent special election for U.S. Senate.
Taitz's exploratory posting, below:
Several of my supporters have recommended that I run for an office of the Secretary of State of Ca or Attorney General. As a secretary of State or attorney general I will have standing to try in court issues that were tabu to all of us as individuals. Here is a situation:
1. we don't need 50 secretaries of state or 50 Attorney Generals suing Obama. If only one sues and gets discovery, we are done
2. in CA the democrat running for this office is an incumbent Deborah Bowen, who was worthless, didn't check Obama's records, and whom I sued on behalf of ambassador Keyes in Keyes et al v Bowen et al and on behalf of vice presidential candidate Gail Lightfoot in Lightfoot v Bowen. I reached the Supreme Court. Chief Justice John Roberts decided to hear the case in the conference of all 9 justices on January 23, 2009. On January 21st, right after the inauguration somebody erased the case from the docket. they re-entered it on the 22nd and during the conference on the 23rd decided not to proceed with oral argument. Later, when I talked to Justice Scalia, he didn't remember anything about the case.
3. Republican running for office is Damon Dunn, who admitted to never even vote until last year. He was a football player and later he was in real estate. The only reason he was endorsed so far, is because he is an African American, and Republicans want to have an African American to show diversity. He admits to having no knowledge or experience with law, elections or election law
4. In terms of the office of the Attorney General, incumbent Jerry Brown is not running. From both parties we have state legislators, who termed out and are looking for a new seat to warm. Considering billions of dollars of debt in CA, all of the state legislators are lousy.
5. I will need to raise 3-4 thousand dollars to start with, probably I will need about 100,000 from start to finish
6. I will need to set a separate account, I will need a campaign manager, volunteers.
I need your input. you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. put running for office in the heading
Get ready for some World Net Daily-bankrolled campaign ads!
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.