KNOW YOUR PLACE - OC Weekly Archives
Here at the Weekly, we've toiled for over a decade now to bring you the truth about life in Orange County. Some stories have sent people to prison; some have gotten people out. We've warned you of doctors threatening your lives. We've humbled crooked politicians, outed pedophile priests and even helped stop an international airport. So it's only natural that we often hear such lofty praise as, "Hey, you're the guys with the dirty pictures in the back, right?"
No. We're a bit more than that, thank you. We're investigators. We're the thin ink-black line between your personal fantasy-world and the cruel realities of life. Besides, in a good issue there'll be dirtyish pictures near the front as well.
Thus we present two new feature on the website - Investigations and Archives. Both are somewhat works-in-progress, but that's simply in their nature. Just let your mouse drift over the 'News' bar on the homepage and select your choice from the dropdown menu.
Here's what's on offer:
- The Haidl Trial(s)
- Pam Houchen's Condo-Conversion Scheme
- Ron Lister, Crack Dealer and CIA-hole
- All the Crime that's Fit to Print
- Mike Carona - America's (worst) Sheriff
- Keeping it Gay, All the Way
- What or Who Killed Andrea Nelson?
- Dr. Kooshian, or "Gaybane"
- Unparalleled coverage of the OC Catholic Diocese and their inexcusable protection of pedophile priests (sorry, this just ain't funny)
- Larry Agran's Not-So-Great Park
- Toll Roads? We Don't Need No Stinking Toll Roads!
These collected works provide easy background for anyone seriously interested in studying and understanding the inner machinations of Orange County.
That or inspire people to move the hell to Canada.
Don't forget to let us know what you think, as well as any other collections you might want to see. Cities? Politicians? We don't know you care until you tell us.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.