Top Five Kids Songs by Unlikely Bands
Remember when you were a little kid, and just after being snuggly tucked into bed at night Marilyn Manson would sing you a sweet lullaby to soothe you to sleep? No? Well, me either, but here are five bands/singers that have briefly stepped back from entertaining the grown-up world and taken a shot at singing for kids.
5. "Pre-Hibernation" by Pantera (Spongebob Squarepants Soundtrack)
Ah, childhood memories of jellyfishing to the sound of heavy metal.
4. "Alphabutt" by Kimya Dawson
Any song that mentions farts, gorilla farts and HUGE gorilla farts is a guaranteed hit with kids.
3. "The Shot Heard Round the World" by Ween (School House Rock Rocks! Album)
A kid-friendly classic from the School House Rock days by a band that has a song called "Flies On My Dick".
2. "Nasty Dan" by Johnny Cash (Sesame Street)
All I can say about this is awww.
1. "This is Halloween" by Marilyn Manson (A Nightmare Before Christmas)
It was a toss-up between this song and Manson's song "Kiddie Grinder", but I figured that one probably wasn't really meant for kids. Although, he does mention lollipops in it.
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.